Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Stake YW Meeting

I just got home from my monthly Young Women meeting with the Stake.  We are in charge of a large 4 stake Mia Maid/Teacher pre-dating activity.  We talked about several ideas and then Sis. Hunter offered the idea of a pre-dating speed dating night.  I think the kids would LOVE that!  I would have at that age.  We are also planning a Youth Conference for July 22,23,24 that will be a handcart trek.  We are going to Chesterfield, Idaho and pulling handcarts in pioneer dress to similate and authentic trek.  I went on a trek at Ensign Peak in Salt Lake City several years ago for a Youth Conference and I swore I'd never do that again.  It was so HARD!  Ultimately, it was one of the best experiences of my life but it was HARD!  I really appreciate my pioneer ancestors so much more but have I told you that it was HARD!  I also learned to never say never because here I am planning on going on another one.  I guess I learn the HARD way!

No comments:

Post a Comment