Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sunday School Lessons

Today I was in the 11th ward for their ward conference.  The bishop, bishop's wife and stake president were the speakers.  The choir sang "The Lord Is My Shepherd" and it was the most beautiful rendition I think I've ever heard.  They only had 7 women and 7 men but their voices were so strong and they blended perfectly.  It was awesome.  There was a poem on the front of the bulletin that I really like.  I don't know who wrote it, there was no author on it but here it is:
Yes, You Can Succeed


Figure it out for yourself, my lad;
You've all that the greatest men have had;
Two arms, two hands, two legs, two eyes,
And a brain to use if you would be wise.
With this equipment they all began.
So start from the top and say "I can".


Look them over, the wise and the great;
They take their food from a common plate.
And similar knives and forks they use,
With similar laces they tie their shoes.
The world considers them brave and smart
But you've all the had when they made their start.


You're the handicapped you must face;
You are the one who must choose your place.
You must say where you want to go,
How much you will study the truth to know;
God has equipped you for life, but He
Lets you decide what you want to be.


Courage must come from the soul within,
The man must furnish the will to win.
So figure it out for yourself, my lad;
You are born with all the the great have had.
With all your equipment they all began,
Get hold of yourself and say, "I CAN".

No comments:

Post a Comment