Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sunday School Lessons

I spent a wonderful Sunday in my own ward for conference.  We have the best people in our ward.  I am also very grateful to be home safely from Boise.  Maria and I had a great time until I ran out of gas on the freeway in the middle of nowhere.  It had to be one of the most humiliating moments in my life.  I never run out of gas.  I guess we were so excited about all the cool things we saw at the Miche Bag meeting that I didn't even think about filling up.  After sitting in the car and laughing for a few minutes, I used my cell phone to google towing companies in Rupert and was able to call a very nice man who came out and brought gasoline to us, for a price of course.  Just a note, try not to get stranded in the middle of nowhere, it's very expensive.  And time consuming.  And inconvenient.  But I loved Maria's outlook.  She explained that it could have been a lot worse.  It could have been at night, in a snow storm.  She is right of course.  Everything happens for a reason.  Maybe I needed to learn to check the gas gauge more often so it will never happen again and leave me stranded in a more inconvenient or even dangerous situation.  And believe me, I have learned my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment